liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

All Blog Posts (642)

One year back

A year ago I was in Hawaii, wandering through a rainforest, standing on top of a dormant volcano and running around the beach with a swimsuit model. Some of the best times of my life. Met people from all over the world there. This was to be the beginning of my travels and adventures (and Ireland was high on my next destination list)...



Things did not work out that way over the year. The friend whose couch I crashed on in Hawaii has since moved back to the mainland. I quit a job I hated… Continue

Added by Andrew on January 21, 2008 at 17:28 — No Comments

TEQUILA AND SALT

Tequila and Salt



> > This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror where one could

> > read it every day.



> > You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.



> > 1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.

> > 2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.

> > 3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to

> > be just like…

Continue

Added by sory on January 21, 2008 at 15:08 — No Comments

Temple Bar Trad Festival THIS WEEK!

Hi there!

Just to let everybody know:

THE FESTIVAL IS ON THIS WEEK FROM WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAY!! :D

If you want to book tickets, do it quick because we're selling out rapidly!

For booking and more info check:

www.templebartrad.com

I hope to see you guys on Wednesday!!

Cheers!

Added by Temple Bar Trad Festival on January 21, 2008 at 9:37 — No Comments

Thank Goddess the Season of Cheer is Over

Finally, all the hype by advertisers for Xmas is gone, and gone with it the ads for booze and partying that go with New Year. To my great relief. I loathe Xmas - the expectations, the traumatic childhood memories, the shops full of carols and the drunken rioting by youth-on-the-Xmas-excuse, rampaging. Uggh.

However, on a lighter note, I've clocked the earliest hype for Easter that I've yet seen. K-mart, an Aussie grocery and cheap department store chain, has had Red Tulip Chocolate…

Continue

Added by Fran J on January 20, 2008 at 6:27 — No Comments

Hey My First Blog

Thank you to everyone who listened in on Tuesday the 15 of Jan, Hope to put up some Music that has been recorded by myself and Paul really soon, Thank you for all your kind comments

Added by Stevietrad on January 17, 2008 at 23:11 — No Comments

Paul and Stevies myspace pages

1. www.Tradstevie@myspace.com
2. www.PaulBrownetrad@myspace.com

Give them a shout guys there really good!

Added by The Patrick and Greg Show on January 15, 2008 at 22:42 — No Comments

Happy New Year Everybody!

Added by Nate O'Reilly on January 4, 2008 at 13:42 — No Comments

invitation launch party

Come join us for an evening of
"ceol agus craic"

to celebrate the launch of the
2008 Temple Bar Trad Festival

With special guest Micheál O Muircheartaigh

Tuesday 8 January 2008 at 6.30 pm
Oliver St John Gogartys, Anglesea Street, Temple Bar.


RSVP to Irghin on tel: 677 23 97 / trad@tascq.ie
by Friday 4 January

Added by Temple Bar Trad Festival on January 3, 2008 at 13:09 — No Comments

The liveIreland Music Awards 2008

liveIreland

Awards 2008











Here are The Livies for 2008! Among the most coveted music Awards in the tradition, these are the only Awards with an immediate world-wide, massive audience. It is anyone's guess how many thousands will see these and listen to the cuts selected from…
Continue

Added by Bill Margeson on January 1, 2008 at 18:30 — No Comments

Athbhliain faoi shéan agus faoi shona dóibh!

That's a prosperous and happy New Year to you all! May all your changes be for the best.



That's my wish this year because I see many changes coming in my own life. #2 Son, the one who used to help me with the Wake Tent, joined the Air National Guard just before Christmas and will be shipping out for training soon. He'll spend six months in Texas (Sheppard AFB) and possibly more, depending where he interns after the training. He'll be an EMT (emergency medical technician or paramedic)… Continue

Added by Cathy Jo on January 1, 2008 at 16:32 — No Comments

Mornings

I get out of bed

And trip over my shoes

Put on the coffee

and check out the news.



I scan the obits-

To see if I;m there--

Put on my clothes

And comb
my hair.



A look in the mirror

Finds a few more gray hairs

A new wrinkle of two

Have appeared here and there.



It's all part of life

I say to myself

We must keep on going

Or waste away on the shelf!



I reach for my…
Continue

Added by Melo on December 31, 2007 at 1:23 — 2 Comments

red heads

red heads are really rare in the US becuse all of us have mixed blood from different bloodlines and if you are a red head ENJOY your hair because you get allot of compliments from other people and they say "my you hair is beautiful" or " I LOVE your hair" or even "did you die your hair" and you reply yes or no if you say "yes" then they would say "what was your natural hair color" if you said "no" then its "Oh my gosh I love you hair I wish I had you hair"







so be proud of… Continue

Added by Emily (Filly) Flynn on December 30, 2007 at 21:00 — No Comments

Eve of New Years Eve 2007

Eve of New Years Eve in the Lounge



The Pub with No beer! Who took all the drink? Own up now and nobody gets in trouble!



Tonight in the lounge we try to get noisy on water (since all the beer is gone!) and look back on 2007 and vote the best song on LiveIreland for 2007



Then predictions for 2008.... funny ones please



Politics is allowed!



=============

Predictions

============



USA gets a new President Rikki. She plans to do a lot for… Continue

Added by Justin Dawson on December 30, 2007 at 19:41 — 2 Comments

Need a really good laugh?

I caught Jeff Dunham on the Comedy Central channel recently. See some of the videos and you'll be on the floor rolling also...

Jeff's Homepage

Video's of Jeff Dunham on Youtube

Added by Charlie on December 28, 2007 at 15:11 — No Comments

moving to Ireland

I am always interested in hearing from people who are interested in moving to Ireland...i like our cottage in County Tipperary because it reminds me of the place where i grew up i Western Pennsylvania..... a place that no longer exist....a few years ago i revisited my beloved valley in the rural area just north of the city of Pittsburgh. BUT it is "rural' no more...nothing remained to remind me of the place of my youth that i loved so dearly....

what a joy it was to find in Ireland a…

Continue

Added by bob leonard on December 27, 2007 at 21:01 — 2 Comments

The Light of the World

Christmas this year gave me a time to reflect on the real reason why we are all here. We all have our own beliefs but Jesus came so that we could understand who we are and are to become in Christ. His human sacrifice was given by God so that it could be the one and final sacrifice to save us all ( those who choose to believe). Jesus came once to die for us and will return again to take us all home to the place that he told us that he would prepare for us. Please read below and I…

Continue

Added by Lisa on December 26, 2007 at 14:39 — No Comments

Eve of Christmas Eve!

Welcome to the Christmas Edition of the Lounge!



Starting off with plenty of fast music! - Get ya dancing!



Wolfe Tones - Ya'll never beat the Irish, back to back with the Pogues - Fairytale of New York!



Plenty of Drink in Studio!



I pour the worst pint ever - whatta HEAD!



I blame the nozzle!



Arco sends a christmas list of songs



Amanda attempts to steal my drink from the counter!.... santa wont bring her the Whiskey she is asking… Continue

Added by Justin Dawson on December 23, 2007 at 19:34 — No Comments

Merry Xmas!

Thanks for the great response to the show last Tuesday lads, Oliver gave us some excellent material and we are definetly gonna have him back soon. Our show is off air for the next two weeks but be sure to tune in when we return as we have some fun ideas for the coming year! Thanks for listening as always, stay tuned and have a great christmas.
Slan!
Greg.

Added by The Patrick and Greg Show on December 23, 2007 at 1:03 — No Comments

Ireland Christmas Tour 2007

As my wife and I prepare to head to Ireland on Dec 25th for our honeymoon (a bit late considering we got married this past May) here is our planned itinerary:

  • Dec 25th - Depart US
  • Dec 26th - Dublin
  • Dec 27th - Ballybofey, County Dunegal
  • Dec 28th - Claremorris, County. Mayo
  • Dec 29th - Doolin Village, County…
Continue

Added by Rob on December 22, 2007 at 16:51 — No Comments

Its nice to have snow that lasts...

Added by Charlie on December 18, 2007 at 20:44 — No Comments

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

2008

2007

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service