A quick, easy and very tasty Irish recipe though something more usually associated with Wales. This Irish Guinness Rarebit is a take on a Welsh Rarebit with a good splash of the 'black stuff' aka Guinness.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 110g/2 oz mature cheddar
- ½ tsp English mustard
- ½ egg yolk
- A couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Guinness
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of sourdough or white baguette
- Mix together the cheese, mustard, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Guinness and salt and pepper.
- Grill the slices of bread on one side.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture between each of the toasts on the un-toasted side.
- Grill for 2 - 3 minutes or until the cheese is melting. Serve immediately