liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

Some of our members enjoy Floral photography so I thought we'd start a new discussion thread on that subject.

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

Bradford Pear
Nice Bill, I like it! The lens you used seems to produce nice bokeh. Macro lens?
Anyway, nice composition, exposure and conversion. Thanks for sharing!
Yes, Thank You. Shot with a Canon 40D and their 100mm f4 Macro. Love this lens. It can almost be too sharp. Took it into PS and ran it through channel mixer and added a softening layer.
I've considered picking up a macro lens but need to stick with the money makers like the 24-70 f/2.8L, which I can't really afford right now. Need to generate some funds first. Maybe later on I bite the bullet and buy a macro but for now I use a 28-105 3.5-4.5 USM zoom/macro. Not ideal, but will have to do for now. I'll try to dig up an image made with that one.
How do you like the 40D?
Really like it a lot. Very low noise, especially with high ISO's. And the sensor cleaner is a nice feature. True that it's a bit of a luxury lens, kind of an impulse buy, lol. I use the EF 17-40mm f/4.0 as my workhorse lens on my DSLR. It's sharp as a tack and has some macro capabilities also.
Spring in the area...so light in all ways. Nice

This one was shot in the studio with a single light source. The idea was to create an image whose light source looked natural and something that looked like a painting. Most of the post-processing was done in Adobe lightroom, B&W conversion, toning etc. The exposure was 1/125 sec @ f/5.6 ISO 100. I used my Canon 30D with a 28-105 3.5-4.5 USM at the 40mm setting.
Artistic...nice background texture.
Has a"painted with light", quality,very nice.

This was in Muckross Garden last summer in Ireland...what a place.
This lovely rose was just beginning its bloom on Balboa Island in Orange County, California about three weeks ago.

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service