liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

Who are you? What do you play? For how long? Let's get to know eachother a little.

Views: 110

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, Max! I'd love to hear any of your stuff if at all possible. And leaving your checking your baggage - both good and bad - is the best way to keep a band living. Very nice gear too! Well nice to have you on here, and thanks for taking the time to use this section (It'd be a lot more lively in this group if more people would :P).

~Shawn McCoy
Have some material loaded, rough, done in a garage, but I have better mix I will load. Songs were recorded 2007-2008.
hey every body my name is Connor Shawn is my piano/keyboard teacher.I`v been playing piano/keyboard for 7 months now and i love it i love going to keyboard lessons Shawn makes it really really really really FUN but what i really HATE is the days I don`t have a lesson.i was born on Christmas. I also play a little bit of gutair i take lessons from Damian (Shawns little bro) my fav. TV show is X-files W00T i love sifi .im a very bad speller and i git side tracked easly im bad at grammer .im a good keyborad player , but like Shawn I can not sing so save the universe ,im just that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!im Connor and im pround to be Irish and very proud to be in an awesome group with awesome people i might add and that was made by my awesome teacher Shawn McCoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hah, thanks. Good to finally have you on here! Remind me, we will have to work on your song so you can start strong and have something nice to represent you and your skills on here. Gyah, usually I have more to say but it's like, one in the morning. I just got off working for the night =P Whatever, see ya soon. And WELCOME to the group!!

~Shawn McCoy
I'm Andrew, I'm 16 and have been playing the fiddle for over 12 years now. I got into folk music about 3-4 years ago, I used to live in London, but now we moved to Italy, and I live in Venice. I also play the Bodhràn, the Piano, the Guitar and the Northumberland Border Pipes. I'm in a Klezmer band here in Venice but I'm desperatly trying to organize weekly sessions in the local pub, so if any of you lot ever come to Venice, be sure to tell me and we'll have some crack.
So long.
Andrew
I've really fallen behind, sorry =[ Welcome!! It is really nice to see someone your age where you are at. Thanks for joining, and I look forward to talking with you. Happy Holidays, by the way!

~Shawn McCoy
My Names is James but everyone jus' calls me Mickey. I am currently learning to play button box. My grandfather , father and great grandad played. I waited till I am now 32 ta learn. Wish me luck.
Hi, my name is Ryan Olson and I live near Washington D.C. in the U.S. I am 15 years old. I've been playing the piano for about three and a half years now, starting out with talent and nothing more. I enjoy playing Chopin and Jazz music the most, but all music is good for me. I occasionally play the organ for my church. The intrument that I have been playing the longest is the saxophone, which is about six to seven years. I am currently trying to learn how to play the guitar. I originally only spoke Japanese, but learned Engish when I first played the saxophone with my American friends. I am half Japanese and parcially Irish. Talk to me if you would like to. :p
Hello,friends. my name is Tom Schultz, and I live in Fulton, Missouri, right in the center of the U.S. I work as a librarian at a small college. I've been singing all my life, and I've been playing trad music and ballads since the mid 1970's. I play guitar (standard tuning), bodhran, mandolin, tenor banjo, and a few simple tunes on the harp. Trad music is my great passion and my greatest joy. I've played in a couple of bands, but to be perfectly honest, I'd much rather play at a house session or in the corner at the pub. No great expectations, just mighty tunes with good friends. I've been really blessed to be able to meet and learn from wonderful musicians, from California to Germany. There are some sound files from a concert some of us did last November. Have a listen, and i hope you enjoy it. I look forward to meeting y'all in person some day.
Hi, my name is Dusty. I have been playing for about 20 years. Started busking 6 months after picking up the guitar and learning a handful of songs. I spent a lot of years doing that on the street and now just busk in side at The Halifax farmer's Market. the longest running farmers market in North America.

I have played mostly folk rock but am now getting into traditional music.
I have made 5 or 6 CDs and write my own songs. there are some of them up on my page here on liveireland.

glad to have joined this group. to discuss music.
Hello, my name is sue and I play upright acoustic bass in a traditional newfoundland music group. A lot of the music we play is irish traditional or irish influenced. our band name is fumblin fingers and this is our website: fumblinfingers.ca

i also sing and play a bit of tin whistle and flute. I live in Ottawa, Canada
Hi Sean, welcome aboard. There's a lot of great music in Belfast, I hear. I hope to get there someday soon. Do you know a fiddler named Conor Caldwell? He just finished his music studies at QUB last year and spent some time teaching here in the states. Take care,

Tom

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service