liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

I am planning my third trip to Ireland, I have been to Dublin, Central and Southwestern Ireland, I want to go to either the Northwest or Southeast parts of the country. Can anyone give me suggestions of towns or sights I don't want to miss?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had some fun in Waterford, but if you go to the Northwest Donegal is the most beautiful area--my family hails from Creeslough and Letterkenny and there are bridges, mountains and so many things to do on the landscape--great music and food too. Have you been to Derry, Armagh, Omagh or Belfast--very interesting places to visit.
Thanks for the reply, we have only been as far north as the Burren. We would like to land in Shannon and bed & breakfast our way North, we have thought of following the coast to your family's local, maybe ferrying to some islands on the way. We had thought on stopping at Galway, Castlebar, Sligo, Donegal and Creeslough would make a fine turn around point.The main problem is we usually allow ourselves a week to travel, maybe we will need two. We love the warm and friendly people in Ireland and have had so many memorable experiences. Askeaton has been our favorite stop, being Fitzgeralds and the Earl of Desmond's castle I think has something to do with it. Wehave fallen in love with the people, scenery and music, if the Euro and the Dollar were equal I would consider moving to the land of my ancestors.
I am trying my best to end up living and teaching in Eire--it is home. Galway is my favorite city and I loved Cork too. Sounds like oyu have good game plan! Take pictures!!!
I would go to Donegaltown,then work my way to Letterkenny,Derry,(a fantastic walled city),the giantscauseway,along the east coast to Belfast.Then down to Drogheda and then to The Hill of Tara.Then to Dublin i guess.This would take a week if you really see the sights.Two weeks would be even better.I love the west of Ireland,Inishmor is my very favorite place,especially Dun Angus.The old fort just gives me a real feeling of the past.I sit for hours on end inside those walls looking out to sea.I stayed there for a week the last time i visited Ireland.
Great game plan Stephen--I agree completely that these are must sees and I also LOVE Dun Angus!!!!!!

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service