liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

Hi guys and gals! I want to share with you that I am getting married on Sept. 27th of this year. I need help coming up with a beautiful reading or wows that are of Irish descent. Also any stories about irish weddings and wedding traditions and music for the ceili after the wedding. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks!
Slan
Allie

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations! I pray thee a fun event. There is a fabulous book entitled The Traditional Irish Wedding (Paperback)
by Bridget Haggerty (Author)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0937702188/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

Paste the link into your search engine--AMzon lets oyu look at some of the pages. Hope that helps--very inexpensive book with great treasured idea.
Paperback: 216 pages
Publisher: Irish Books & Media; 1 edition (January 1, 2001)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0937702188
ISBN-13: 978-0937702185
Thank you very kindly for the information. I will indeed use it. That was spot on...many thanks!!
Allison
I am happy you can use it; I used some of the stuff for mine--good luck and enjoy: remember that it is your and your groom's day, so do what you both want, and make sure you have a blast!
Hello Allie..!
Sorry... I can't help much with Irish references...
However...
BE SURE LIKE MANY FOLKS WITHIN THE LI COMMUNITY, I WILL HAVE GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOU AND THE LUCKY LAD ON SEPTEMBER 27th...!!!
Take care in the meantime... and drop into the chatroom whenever you feels like it..!
Best..!
wwm
Thanks Wwm. My work schedule makes it somewhat prohibitive to get to chat anymore. I do miss everyone though. We always have so much fun. I always keep hoping to pop in and spend some time catching up with everyone and whats been happening. Thank you for your kind thoughts. You're all so special!
Hugs,
A
The song "The Voyage", by Christy Moore ... know it ?
Congrats Allie!!! But you really need to take some time and dip into LI sometimes....someone is here most of the time :)

Kobi
Hi Allie...first of all, just wan to say congratulations on both of you on your upcoming marriage. I was just reading your post. I have the Traditional Irish Wedding book, bought it for my son...hahaha...thinking maybe him and his girlfriend of 7 yrs might get married, but they split up 2 years ago...I'm keeping the book around...ya never know...so best of luck to you both...
A little saying from the book....."men are like bagpipes. No sound comes fom them til they are full"

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service