liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 5407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brigids Cross (Ohio) Flatfoot 56(Chicago),Enya and Celtic Women !

I know they're not together any longer but my long time favorite has been Planxty

Without a doubt, the Wolfe Tones!  There is no better band to sing of the culture, politics, and history of Ireland.  I've seen them live in Canada, the States, and Ireland, and have shed tears, laughed, and sang along to their magical voices and incomparable music.

For Instrumentals, I like Lunasa.  For vocals, I'm old school: Clannad (yeah I know it's not "traditional", but I like it).

All fabulous bands in everyone's lists --- here are my picks:

1) U2

2) Dervish

3) Cranberries

4) Lunasa

5) If I may choose an Irish-American group, then it's the Dropkick Murphys

Not necessarily in this order:

Chieftains,

Enya,

Robin Mark,

Iona,

Dervish

The Adventures! One of the most underrated Irish groups. Would love a comeback. "Drowning in the sea of love", and "Broken Land" are my favourites!

Chieftains

Obviously, U2 (I'm the right age)

Otherwise;

Saw Doctors

Blue In Heaven

The Alarm (I think they're Welsh, but I always associate them with U2)

That Petrol Emotion

Ash (but mostly Girl From Mars)

Are the Waterboys Irish?

I'm really loving some Scottish bands recently (We See Lights, WWPJP, My Latest Novel, Frightened Rabbits, Orange Juice, Close Lobster, et al)

This is a great station.

Please play Bell X1 "The Great Defector" a whole lot less.

the cranberries

u2

enya

The Pogues

Floggin Molly

Enter the Haggus

Dropkick Murphys

The Dubliners 

Mac Tal Amor'

- Just to name a few off the top of my head

( Im sure I spelled some of these wrong )

Take acoustic instrumentation and traditional Irish pub music, toss in up-to-date arrangements and high-energy performance, and you’ll get the FinTan sound that appeals to diverse music fans. FinTan, Southwest Ohio's finest Irish pub band, mixes fiddle and whistle tunes with multi-part vocal harmonies and a large dose of fun to get you clapping, dancing and even singing along to a wide variety of traditional, current and original Celtic music.

With their unbeatable combination of strong vocals, tight harmonies, and amazing instrumentals, FinTan brings the energy that gets music fans excitedly clapping their hands and stomping their feet, without ever sacrificing the roots of the traditional Irish music sound. If you'd like to hear some of our music, use the player at the bottom of this page to hear tunes from our latest CD: Ten Years In The Pubs.

It's been an incredible 2013 and we want to thank everyone who's come out and supported the band. Most especially our families, Warren and Marian Wohlafka and Reggie and Kenny Parker. Thanks!

Check our calendar for upcoming 2014 performances!    Hope to see you out there. Karen, Bryan, Mark, Ryan, Phil, Pat -FinTan

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service