liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 5247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all, I'm new at this but I've enjoyed reading some of the responses so I thought I'd comment.  There are soooo many good bands.  I like Gaelic Storm, Clannad, DeDanaan, Chieftains, Black 47.  There is a group I saw at some festivals last summer that friends and I have enjoyed, is anyone familiar with the Screaming Orphans?  They are a young, fun group of sisters from Donegal I believe.

Grew up listening to Horslips. Fantastic instrumentals, especially Sword of light

Flogging Molly seems to be fast and exciting music when in the local pubs having a few beers
I saw them in Reno for The Speed of Darkness Tour this past May. It was incredible!

For me it's gotta be trad all the way! groups like Lunasa and Altan and the band Donal Lunny formed Ciorras. Not to say though that I dont like singing bands I.e the high kings! ;) 

Conor

I kike The Irish Brigade, Eire Og, Larkin,Pat Woods,The Peelers, but most of all I love The Pogues.
the corrs
love the wolfetones!

1. Enya

2. Sinead OÇonnor

3. The Corrs

4. Clannad

5. Capercaillie

6. many others

1)   Dervish 
2)   Dubliners.
3)   The Fureys
4)   The Chieftains
5)   The High Kings
6)   The Wolfe Tones
The Wolf Tones; the Chieftains;  The High Kings; Planxty; The Dubliners - hey I could go on forever!  I really have to say I love most of the traditional music group.
The Script, Cranberries & Snow Patrol

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service