liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 4934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everybody out there,

lots of the real favourites have been mentioned.

I've found "The Elders" and "The High Kings" recently.

You'll also find interesting collections on www.accuradio.com 

Mr Perkins

Stefan,

I love the Elders too!  Got to see them at the Michigan Irish Music Festival last September.  They are a really great group State side.

Hi Chris,

unfortunately, you don't  get the American Irish bands here to Germany.

Anyway, even here in the former eastern part (the wall came down today 22 years ago! Jippi jey!!!) we have got a quite lively Folk scene. The Irish Festival often tours  more in the western parts, so do some of the "real Irish". A pitty.

Stefan

The Elders are the best, they are from my home town of Kansas City!

For me 

It would be 

The Corrs 

The dubliners 

The Pogues 

U2 (for the old songs)

And as the special Guest (ok it's not irish but Celtic) : Dropkick Murphys

Planxty

There is Local group in Western New York called the Leftovers. They are Buffalo's premire Irish band that sings rebel song. Check out their web sit of the same name

1 -Davy Spillane

2 - Dervish

3 - Flook

4- Lunasa

5 -Donald Luny

6 - Eoin Dillon

7  -Templum

Dubliners

High Kings

the Chieftains

Corrs

I was in the concert of Dubliners, when they were in European tour. It was very nice!!! :) 

I adore the fureys-also anne marie o'riordan and celtic woman-but there are too many to list-love so many

Nowadays here in Italy there are many people who love Flogging Molly. I'm not too young so my favourite band remains The Nightnoise...

...so excited...i just got tickets to see flogging molly in hollywood in march...they always put on a great show...another good band, the dropkick murphys...

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service