liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 5332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have no problem with Christy Moore because he is a living legand,but what turned me off with Celtic Thunder is when I saw them on PBS they sang Puppy Love made popular by Donnie Osmand it just turned me off,and I can't take them very seriously.Cheers
I like early Planxty...I would have to say that I love Luka Bloom's music more..;- ) I missed that on PBS...I never gained a connection with Celtic Thunder....and I remain that way.
Planxty
Planxty was a good band. I think some of them evolved ito the Bothy Band
I think the Chieftains and especially Paddy Moloney have spread Irish music all over the world. They played with so many different artists in various music styles and made so many beautiful records for almost 50 years. Amazing !
Danny Doyle is a phenominal Irish Balladeer and a pleasure to see live. He not only sings the songs, but will also give the history or the story behind it. And he is a congenial person who will talk to you after his shows or as he is selling his music after the show. Do not pass up a chance to hear him.
Hothouse Flowers
The Wolftones
Lunasa
The Pogues
The dubliners
I thought Clannad would have been on most people's favorite music group lists.
I also like listening to local Dublin groups that play in Dublin Pubs and Venues - some with no cover charge!
That's what I enjoyed while there in April - all the local groups in the various cities we landed in on our tour.  It was never difficult to find a pub and some of the local talent was fabulous (including in Dublin)!
my favorite bands.wolfehound the mcpeaks the freemen the flying coloumn ect. thy were all from the north. but my favorite has to be the dubliners
Definitely THE CRANBERRIES

i really adore them..And Dolores is my Goddess O:)
Honestly, i've never heard about Lúnasa and Dervish before..i checked your blog but it's in French and i can't understand it :) but i'll search about them..

But for me, The Cranberries is always on top :) since 1999 (when i was 12 years old i met them..and my love grows up day by day..)

Have a CranDay..Cranhugs and Dolove from istanbul to you Alexandre :D

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service