liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 5231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flook!!!!!! Brian Finnegan - good!!! and The Chieftains!!!!!!
Predictably U2 also Clannad and Horslips and most other Irish artists that make Irish music come alive and impel visitors to want to return to Ireland
I can never have just one favorite! Those that top the list are: The Clancy Brothers, The Chieftains, Clannad, Solas(OK, semi-Irish) and far too many more.
That is a hard question. I would have to say:
1)Lunasa
2)Cherish the Ladies
3)Dervish
4)The Chieftains
5)Michael McGoldrick

My favorite male singer is Paul Brady, and my favorite female is Mary Dillon.
Gerry O'Connor just simply the best Tenor Banjo player at the moment, he's not bad on the fiddle either.
U2 of course!
Gan doubt, Gerry is one fabulous banjo player, but at the moment I'd cast my vote for Enda Scahill on the banjo. Check out the album "Humdinger" with box player Paul Brock.
1. Dervish!!
Paul Brady
The Chieftains
The Pouges
Mary Black
Solas
Planxty
Lunasa
My absolute favorite irish band is DERVISH since I heard their Live In Palma album a few years ago here on liveireland. Awesome!
I love Dervish, too! Altan, of course, is now a classic band. So, too, are some newer bands such as Solas and Lunasa. There is a lot of good Celtic music out there, especially from Ireland. Happy St. Padraig's Day everyone!

Slainte
1. The Cranberries I've loved this band since the first time I heard them 16 years ago. Those unmistakable guitar rhythms with Dolores's angelic voice are irresistible to my ears.
2. Sinead O'Connor
3. Clannad
4. Wolfe Tones
5. Christy Moore
WHATS your favorite IRISH BAND.. Hey this is perfect timing..Brewery in Northern Ireland is hosting a MEGA battle of the IRISH BANDS contest and if you vote you get entered in a Drawing for free Flight to Ireland!
Voting continues until midnight march 22nd

TAKE A MINUTE and go to:
http://www.slbc.ie/involved/competitions/
and YOU can win TOO!!!

MAY I suggest....
OUR GOOD FRIENDS of FINVARRAs wren has been entered in a Massive Battle of the Bands sponsored by the STrangford Lough Brewing Company in Northern Ireland..
No on is more deserving of such a Win!! PLEASE go to the above link.. enter your name and email address and VOTE FINVARRAs WREN! ITS so EASY!!!!
THANKYOU for voting for the HOME TEAM!!!
Siusan and ZIG

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service