liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 4934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no real order

Karen Matheson
Celtic Woman
The Wolfe Tones--------- go on home british soldiers
Clannad
Enya
The Pogues
Capercaillie
Van Morrison-----was a fan before i knew he was Irish
Afro Celt
Great Big Sea--------------Newfoundland Irish
Right now the guys from celtic thunder are my favorite. as a group and as single artists, they are amazing. Excellent showman, entertainers and of course vocalists!
Dubliners
well for me it clancy brother and searson from canada
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT NOT ONE RESPONSE MENTIONS THE WOLFE TONES OR PADDY REILLY. THEY ARE ME FAVORITES OF THE PAST 60 YEARS. - MAC MCGINTY
I love the wolf tones......but never heard of the other group.....are they really good.?
altan
My favorite is Planxty.

Currently, Celtic Women & Enya.

Just discovered Celtic Thunder.
Enya
Clannad
Chieftans
Liadian
Chieftains
David Munnely (a fantastic accordeonplayer)
Eimear Howley and friends
I hope you will forgive me the Scots in my list, but I must confess my love to Scotland and Scots music is as deep as to Ireland and the Irish music.
Everything started now more than 17 or 18 years ago with Enya - I heard her first time I was in London. Now I like Noel McLoughlin, the Wolfe Tones, I love the interpretation of the the Irish Songs from Sinead O´Connor, Leigh Garden, Kate Matheson, Mairi Campbell, Malinki, Robin Laing, The Campbells and so on...
And some weeks ago I´ve heard and seen the young Irish band Slide here in Vienna, they were great!
But of course I was a first minute fan of U2 too and I love the music of Amy MacDonald.
And for all that didn´t know that the pipes are played at the continent too, listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdx3hTe9un8&feature=related :o)
Yes they have. I see and hear them every year at our medieval-festival life and they are really great. There is a great tradition in Eastern Germany for bands playing bagpipes as they were not allowed to play Rock-music in the time of communism. So their rebellion was to play their rock with bagpipes ;-) There are some interesting bands combining medieval-music with rock / hardrock and of course always with bagpipes

le gach dea-mhéin - don´t know if I remember it the right way :o)
Doris

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service