liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 5489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gleichfalls, mon ami. We have a sculpture made from several meters of the Wall in my town, at the Winston Churchill memorial. There will be a ceremony this evening, at which a replica of part of the wall will be broken down. As soldiers, we patrolled the border between East and West. I wish I could have been in Berlin that night . . .
The Dubliners and George Murphy and The Black Donnellys are the very best!
My favorite group is definitely Celtic Woman. In fact my favorite group of any type is Celtic Woman.
Don't kinow to many Irish groups, but I absolutely LOVE, Celtic Thunder, High Kings and Celtic Women. I am now checking out The Wolfe Tones.....can never get enough Irish music.

Donna
YOU GO GIRL!!! I SEE I TAUGHT YOU WELL!! LOL I HAVE THE INFO ON DAMIAN THAT WE WANTED TO KNOW FROM THE CONCERT THAT NIGHT....ACTUALLY HE TALKS ABOUT IT ON A 60 SEC VIDEO WHILE ON THE ROAD IN THERE TOUR BUS.IT'S TO FUNNY, I LEFT A LONG COMMENT ABOUT THAT ONE!
Hi there, my top 5 :

1. Eilis Kennedy
2. Atlan
3. Tannahill Weavers
4. Karen Matheson
5. Clannad
mine a ballyfermot band called THE BEERMATS THEY HAVE A NEW SONG COMING OUT SOON WRITTEN BY FINBAR FUREY FOR THEM there very good check out there site WWW.THEBEERMAT.COM
Lunasa
Dervish
Buille
Karan Casey Band
Teada
Lumiere
Kila
Dervish, Gaelic Storm, Solas, Flook, Lunasa, Davy Spillane
Afro Celt Sound Machine -- their fusion reminds me of the early days of Congo Square in New Orleans where jazz was born.
Well,as for me. I've 2 bands I really like.
They are both Celtic Rock bands...

1) Flogging Molly
&
2) Enter the Haggis

& I do love all the Celtic folk/Traditional music as well
( I could listen to the women sing for days)
Well,there's my 2 cents.
Happy holidays everyone,be safe & enjoy.

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service