liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 5351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

8 pages and nobody talks about THE FUREY BROTHERS.
They got me hooked on Irish music when i first saw them in Holland in the 70's.
This was in the time that Finbar was still in the band.
For the rest : there are to many to list in here.
8 pages and nobody talks about THE FUREY BROTHERS.
They got me hooked on Irish music when i first saw them in Holland in the 70's.
This was in the time that Finbar was still in the band.
For the rest : there are to many to list in here.
They are a very good band,but I want to add The Corrs,they have videos on youtube and they are as talented as they are beautiful.There is one video of The Corrs with The Chieftans which is just fantastic.Check them out if you love Irish music.
Dervish!
I LOVE The Fureys. I've also been listening to some John Beag, and The Wolfe Tones. I've read many of the other posts and have a lot of music to check out. I love reading everyone's suggestions! Add me as a friend if you'd like. I love music and would love your opinion on what's good that I can listen to.
There's a gansey load of good bands out there. You might want to check out The Elders -- they're a celtic rock band out of Kansas City. There are a number of video clips on youtube, or you can check out their website:
eldersmusic.com
-The Chieftains
-Altan
(so far, those two are my favorites. Irish music is not very popular in Latin America, therefore it`s hard to get good ceol à Eire arround here:-( )
I found youtube has all the irish music on it with videos
My favorites : 1 The Dubliners 2 The Fureys 3 The Pogues 4 Clancy Brothers 5 Chieftains 6 Christy Moore 7 Johnny McEvoy 8 Foreign Feathers 9 Dick Gaughan 10 Wolfe Tones 11 Cairn O Mhor 12 Plantxy 13 Waterboys etc etc. etc. and last but not least my choir : Best Irish Singers (from the Netherlands) watch this you tube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es68qbowr5U

greetz Lowieke
The Bothy Band and Danu
I doubt that I have one favorite. Favorites include Mary Black, Cherish the Ladies, Tony Cuffe, Danu and Connie Dover.
I've already mentioned that the Fuchsia band is one of my faves, but if you get a chance, you need to hear Mairtin de Cogain and Jimmy Crowley together as "Captain Mackie's Goatskin and String Band." the album is subtitled 'The irish abroad and soldiering' although there are some great adventure yarns, as well. The lads are touring the States at the moment, and will be on the Celtic Cruise in January.

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service