liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 5231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) Lunasa
2) Altan
3) Celtic Woman
4) The Irish Rovers
5) The Wolfe Tones

Those 5 are the cream of the crop to me.
You know, there is always more to choose from, so I'm going to add some new faves to my list. Damien Dempsey, John Spillane, and the Hothouse Flowers.
Planxty, The Dubliners, Brobdingnagian Bards etc.
Dubliners,Clancy bros & Tommy Makem,Wolf Tones.Chieftans.
Attachments:
No way can I only give 1 favorite, it's not possible. The best music on the planet starts right here with all of us! Here are just a few of my faves to start with:
1) CELTIC THUNDER~ON TOUR NOW ~ (Nokia Theater 3 weeks & i'm there!)
2) HIGH KINGS~(AMAIZING & AWSOME, FOLK -N- ROLL!)
3) WOLF TONES~(YUP, YOU'LL NEVER BEAT THE IRISH, LITERALLY! BUT I GO WITH A SNIPERS PROMISE. NEED A BOX OF TISSUES FOR THAT ONE.)
4} MISS CARA DILLON~{SHE IS AS BEAUTIFUL AS HER VOICE}~THERE WHERE ROSES
5) LISA KELLY & THE CELTIC WOMEN
6) DANIEL O'DONNEL~TOTALLY AWSOME, TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!
7) MARC ROBERTS~THE PROMISE
I can go on endlessly so i'll stop here!! Untill the next time,
"Go mbeannaí Dia duit, Oíche mhaith"
High Kings,2)the corrs,Idol Bones,The Dubliners
The Dubliners are really great but I cant get enough of the High Kings. The four of them have amaizing voices & sounds awsome all together. The day Brian sent me a message on myspace was the day I knew I would be a devoted fan forever!
I love a lot of the ones already mentioned (Dervish, The Chieftans, The Dubliners, Clannad, Gaelic Storm, etc.) but I have a couple to add that I'm REALLY surprised not to have seen listed already! The Celtic Tenors (www.celtictenors.com), Slide (www.slide.ie), Deirdre Shannon (www.deirdreshannon.com), and Mick Flannery (www.mickflannery.com) are all favorites! And a few US bands....Scythian, Brigid's Cross, Homeland, Knot Fibb'n (all of which I think have samples on Myspace...check 'em out!)
My favorite experience with Irish music was in a small pub in a town called Letterfrack on a quiet crossroadsin western Ireland. My friend and I happened to walk by the pub and saw a notice that Joe Burke would be playing that night. An incredible evening ensued -- great music, a pub packed with locals and a few blessed tourists such as myself.
I was a life-long Irish Rovers fan from when I was just a crumb cruncher. Then it happened, one blessed day 30 or so years later I found Liveireland.com which opened up to me a whole new world of trad music. That was about 5 years ago and I am now making my first post. Well, from listening to the trad that is played here I was drawn to 2 voices that I have a good collection of. They are Christie Moore (post Planxty) and Sean Tyrrell. I haven't seen anyone meantion Sean's name, hmmmmmm. Sean has wonderful gravely voice that just moves your soul. He also answered both my emails. The females that I've heard are many and beautiful as well. What a joy this site is. Thank you
The Best Irish Singers from Holland, of course.
Look at www.bestirishsingers.nl
And then... U2 and Simple Minds
i like chieftians, u2, irish rovers, saw doctors, clancy brothers

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service