liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

What's everyone's favorite Irish or Celtic group? I like John Doan, Celtic Woman, and The Wolfe Tones. ("You'll Never Beat the Irish" by Wolfe Tones is absolutely great!) I'm looking for all kinds of new groups, so be sure to throw any names into the discussion when you feel like doing so. Thanks, people!

Views: 5211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, my favorite Irish band is Dervish!! I think that I am the biggest fan of them in Greece! I like also Flook & Danu...

So my results,
1) Dervish
2) Flook
3) Danu
4) Enya (although she is single...)
Top 5

1. the Chieftains
2. The Clancy Brothers
3. Altan
4. Dubliners
5. Brobdingnagian Bards
6. The Irish Rovers

Get on to U Tube and listen to Hayley sing the New Zealand Anthem before the World Cup Final . Best National Anthem in the World ( and I am Australian) sung by one of the best voices

There are many good Irish or Celtic groups out there, these are a few of my favourites.
1) Lunasa
2) Danu
3) Altan
4) Chieftains
Sharon Shannon alone is absolutely wonderful but when she surrounds herself with people such as Mike McGoldrick,Dezi Donnelly and Jim Murray as she recently did here in Australia, my admiration of Irish Music becomes total.

Lunasa also set a standard which I find hard to discover elsewhere.
Lots of others also make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up & my eyes water but the above people stand out being recent visitors to Queensland.
I really like The Moving Hearts, The Cranberries, Christy Moore and
Give me a slow air played on the fiddle so true and pure it could nearly make you cry.
Brad,
Have to agree with your taste in music. The band my son plays in called Daideo and the Blue Mosquitoes play some Cranberries and Christy Moore. If you love fiddle then you might want to listen to their fiddle player. She, like two of the other band members is just 17 and the fourth member of the band is just 13. I have posted a couple of videos on the site. Is it wrong for the father of one of the members to list them also as one of his favourite Irish bands?
Lunasa
Chieftains
Cranberries
Corrs
U2
Flook is hot too!
A Nashville group called the Nosey Flynn
Celtic Woman
U2 (of course)
I will have to look for Nosey Flynn--just the name signifies fun.
They are! They play at Dan McGuinness Pubs in Nashville. I did find a song of theirs on UTube. You just type in Nosey Flynn and it should come up, they also have a MySpace page.

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service