liveIreland

Irish Internet Radio and TV from Dublin, Ireland.

Hi folks,
This is a space to talk about celtic-traditional music from others countries and places. I want to share with you some interesant bands and I hope you will do the same.
Enjoy the music!!

Tags: celtic, music, traditional

Views: 1431

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Being from Canada and now living in the Maritimes, there is a plethora of Irish/Celts creating music here, especially from Newfoundland, Cape Breton, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. As well as out west, British Columbia and Alberta (of all places-it's very much cowboy country). The obvious are Great Big Sea as well as The Barra MacNeils, two groups who have very successful and long careers. Two of my faves. The McDades from Edmonton are gaining popularity as well as The Clumsy Lovers. For your more rockin'/punkish variety we love The Real Mackenzies and The Mahones! Good fun. Blackthorn from Vancouver are more in the Trad vein and for your total Maritime flavour go for Natalie MacMaster, Wendy MacIsaac, Gordie Sampson, Evans and Doherty, The Rankins (God Bless John Morris), and an endless list of others- the Maritimes breed musicians like rabbits! Of course there is the ever controversial Ashley MacIsaac for your more progressive styles, a wicked fiddler who plays left without changing the strings! Only in Nova! Mary J. Lamond as well as Loreena McKennit are two of the most loveliest from our fair nation. Newfoundlanders include Irish Descendants, Connemara, The Punters, Shanneyganock and Ryan's Fancy. And don't forget about the Acadians, a French based nationality who have been in the Maritimes forever, with their own distinctive style of fiddlers and musicianship: Grand Derangement and Les Mechants Macquereaux are popular. The list is endless, so just google any of these names or google anything like Maritime music Canada, Newfoundland music, Celtic music Canada, Nova Scotia music, Acadian Music etc. Have fun!! Sláinte!!

Leahy, too! They are from Ontario, where there are also many Celtic groups like the Fiddleheads. Can't think of more right now, but they are out there!

Hi, ....
HAY I KNOW TO CARLOS NUNEZ,IM GALICIAN TO,I DONT THIN CARLOS WAS START WITH THEM JUST PLAY AND RECORD CPOULPES TIMES,OFCOURSE HERE AT IRELAND MAY B WAS APPEARE FOR FIRST TIME BUT NO IN SPAIN AND MORE GALICIA START TIME AGO MEET EACH ,I LOVE PERSONALLY BROTHERHOOD OF STARS BECAUSE IS SHOW HOW IN DIFERENTS CORNERS GALICIAN AND SCOTTISH HAVE VERY SIMILAR MUSIC AND INSTRUMENTALS LIKE A PIPES,...MAY B THAT WHY I WAS FIND MORE GALICIAN THERE LIVING ACTUALLY. IN ANY CASEALL WE ARE PART AT CELT CULTURE IRELAND,SCOTTLAND,GALES,WALS,ASTURIAS,GALICIA,
ONE THING MORE HERE LUGO BRETONA STILL RECREATING CELEBRATING A CELT PARTY BECAUSE BRETONA STILL B CELT...
ABOUT CELT MUSIC IS ANOTHER GALICIAN A GROUP CALL MILLADOIRO AND LUAR NA LUBRE ,THAT MUST B SOUND TO WHO LISTEN WILL LOVE,MUAKAS TO SEANxxxxx
another great galician and celt is rosa cedron,now is sing alone,was at luar na lubre, still be amazing,hopes got listeners here.well and u titti can help upload a video where everyone can see and listen a folk dance galician ,listening would everyone understand why we said is celt,and see the dance will seeing similitures with other folk celt countries,take care,XXXDeragon Pierre said:
Yeah way to go eiresonia I know practicly all those groups and there super groups
like Luar Na Lubre.....awesome group with Sara Vidal,and Carlos Nunez is super also
Galicia great Places and great artists......Super choices Eiresonia......
mercedes peon another great voice and folk celt,well stopm talk only about galicians but would help from everywhere start listen now and meet galicians celts ok XXX
well not so sure 4 portugal b celt,mix with galicians in things,but anyway aswell like irish celt,is a similar celt music ,well of course bcause like scotties and populars ,was a galia region ,so that FRENCH GROUP IS AMAZING TO ,well if u like seek 4 music,is a main page eclt spirit,that u find lot celt history but on that site on his forum u b able download and get the last ,im find therewhen i was living over there ,ireland,and find all want know from irish and i find comun site with lot diferent places,well enjoy,.............nice meet u,XXX
well look another group must b listen from french britain:(Korong)Kornog During the 1980s, Kornog was the outstanding Breton group playing at festivals around Europe and having enormous influence. One CD from this period is Première (1984) . Original musicians in the group included fiddler Christain Lemaitre, guitarist Soig Siberil, Scottish singer Jamie McMenemy, and flautist Jeann-Michel Veillon. After a lapse of 12 years the group reformed recently, with guitarist Nicolas Quemener substituting for Siberil. The instrumentals are wonderful, though I find the combination of a Scot singing Scottish songs to Breton dance rhythms a bit strange!well enjoy everyone with them to,and no im not tired b allways sayng diferents choices in any case are my opinion goods and anyone can take or not,after listen all my choices a dont maid domeone contradicm,until b listen is choices any can take,in any case my friends will enjoy all them,hope so,good music for good listeners,up celt souls with the the vibrations!!!! XXX
someone like rock celt mix? well i was listen for first time kaina,from marseille,france,and well it s another atraction,personally if u b so close with clannad,enya,or that tipe better not listen kaina,for anyone open to any celt is good,well no much like the galicians...jajaa seeu,XXX
here again!!
take that names :ELIXIR AND EXCALEMBOUR,from Brittany and Breton respective.
Elixir, is more traditional music (in French)
Excalembour, irish ballads, traditional Breton melodies a little bit jazzy and with a rock flavour, pop songs... (in French) well,enjoy everyone,...XXX
another thing(with m never end)
i like eveyone make the homework and more galicician ,take note,titti will agree too:
susana seivane a great voice like luar na lubre like enya and clainnad in ireland,
cristina pato she is intrumental and like carlos nunez she is a wman great with a pipe.and fuxan os ventos like the fureys simple say allwith that,and from my lugo river gaiteiros do mino,pipersand nice if any can see the dance and folk traditional dress,i know i love riverdance,but if any could watch galician dance ,will believe that we only stand the hands the is so similar,
enjoy everyone,XXXXX
Jesus Christ, you never stop!! Do you have time to breath? Jajaja. I´m agree with you Eiresonia. I have things to says about these and another bands... I need to find time to write!!

RSS

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service